This position assists demand planning and supply planning functions within the Healthy Beverage Supply Chain Team.They will access ERP system data and create needed reports to analyze master production schedules to meet company objectives for service, costs and working capital.This position will assist with proactive communications on product availability given current inventory positions, open sales orders, consensus forecasts, product transfers, expected quality testing and future production plans.This will be valuable experience for any student pursuing a career in supply chain.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Responsible for looking up and/or exporting information in the ERP systems (Oracle and ASCP) and updating supply plans for the various aseptic and extraction facilities.
- Analyze Master Production Schedules to identify potential supply risks (shortages or excess) and assist with developing plans to resolve.
- Responsible for assisting with inquiries from Customer Service related to supply shortages and timing of availability.
- They will create and communicate case fill performance along with the root cause talking points when case fill performance falls below established goals for a customer for a period.
- They will work with the Production Schedulers to understand the end-to-end supply chain process.
- Understand, adjust, and optimize ERP system parameters that influence system suggestions of planned production and dependent demand requirements.
- Partner with the Commercialization team to understand the status of newly commercializing business or items undergoing graphics transitions.
- May perform additional projects upon request.
- Candidates must be working towards a degree in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
Knowledge and Skills:
- Teamwork- ability to work in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Communication - ability to communicate professionally with colleagues verbally and in written format.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills - gather, analyze, and utilize information to recommend the best and most effective decisions for SunOpta.
- Adaptability & Coordination Skills - adjust actions and respond to dynamic changes and needs of the operations team while managing functional tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills, ability to work with complex formulas.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
100% of work is expected to be performed in an office environment.
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries.SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.