The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible maintaining production and quality by performing a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance tasks. These tasks will include maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing machines, high speed robotics, automation and downstream equipment. This role will utilize skills in electrical systems, plc programming, machine repair, hydraulics and pneumatics.
How do our shifts work?
- Night Shift: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Maintain a "safety first" attitude at all times. Maintain safe working habits by following established OSHA and company safety practices and policies (IE: LOTO, GMP, ARC Flash, Proper PPE practices, Housekeeping).
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, PLC's, hydraulic, and pneumatic principals.
- Diagnose and repair machinery related to manufacturing including but not limited to: plastic molding machines, auxiliary equipment, robots.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Ability to install and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers/robots.
- Work directly with outside vendors to order spare parts and needed supplies.
- Perform and/or assist with weekly/monthly/annual preventative maintenance tasks.
- Repair air leaks on equipment.
- Perform and/or assist with weekly/monthly/annual EHS inspections.
- Maintains a neat and organized work area.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a High School diploma or general education degree (GED); with a minimum of five (5) years related manufacturing maintenance experience and/or training.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of electrical controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, and excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Capable of working independently, self-sufficiently, and productively with little supervision.
- Effectively communicate equipment malfunction and corrective actions to the oncoming shift and department supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with co-workers in all positions to maintain a high level of customer service and respect plant wide.
- Participate in teams to drive change in regard to safety, quality, production, continuous improvement, and employee relations.
- Maintain a respectful and professional demeanor.
- Eager to support fellow members in keeping the facility and its equipment clean, neat, and well-maintained.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions and Microsoft office applications.
- Must be able to provide own basic set of tools
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods and lift/carry up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to use fingers, hands, and arms for regular tasks
- Must be able to wear proper PPE and perform in temperatures ranging from 60 to 110 Fahrenheit
- Must be able to climb steps, have good hand-eye coordination, and bend/squat
- Must be able to visually detect defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real