Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform field maintenance, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of instrumentation and control systems in a timely, accurate, and safe manner:
- Calibrate pressure, temperature, flow and various other instrumentation
- Commission instrumentation and shoot loops
- Install and Calibrate measuring and positioning devices
- Perform minor electrical maintenance
- Complete all applicable documentation for actions taken.
- Report job activity as well as maintain detailed logs about service calls, parts, and orders
- Represent Company during Field Service tasks providing a "can do" attitude
- Identify and report safety issues to proper customer representative
- Identify opportunities for upgrades at the customer facility
- Research task criteria prior to arriving on work site
- Use company vehicle to travel to and from job sites while maintaining defensive driving habits that reflect upon the sterling reputation of the company.
Essential Physical Functions/Equipment Used:
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 75lbs
- Must be able to stand, kneel, and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs in an industrial environment
- Must be able to work at heights utilizing fall protection
- Must be available for occasional call-ins
- Available for overnight travel to various locations & customer sites to provide service and training based on business needs
- Duties performed indoors & outdoors with exposure to weather, elements, heavy equipment, power tools, clean room, animal/insect bites, dirt and noise
- High School Diploma or Equivalentrequired; Associates Degree/Technical Degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience installing, maintaining, and repairing Process/Control equipment including instrumentation, valves, actuators, pumps, etc
- Strong computer proficiency required, namely the ability to operate a variety of electronic and microcomputer instruments used to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, and level.
- Strong mechanical proficiency required, namely the ability to operate a variety of hand tools, power tools
- Electrical/electrician experience
- Tubing, tray, and instrument stand installation experience
- Industrial safety training
- PLC Programming and troubleshooting
- Programming and troubleshooting drives
Varied environment: customer facilities will include indoor and outdoor environments, with exposure to all potential weather elements, clean rooms, factories, construction areas, and others
FCX Performance, an Applied Industrial Technologies Company, isa leading process flow control company providing technical mission critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets.
Founded in 1923, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389to let us know the nature of your request.