At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions.
Employee-ownership at Weston is a path to professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a highly connected community that works together across key service areas to make a difference in the environment. Weston continues to evolve and adapt to our changing world as a premier provider of environmental and infrastructure services for over sixty years. In both the public and private sectors our teams help identify, solve, mitigate, and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
Weston is seeking a Senior Geologist/Hydrogeologist with experience designing and leading soil and groundwater remedial investigations and remedial solutions, and vapor intrusion assessment and mitigation. The successful candidate will apply expert-level technical hydrogeologic-related skills to develop cost-effective solutions for assessment and in situ remediation technologies including addressing LNAPL and DNAPL source zones. The successful candidate will have experience with and a working knowledge of high-resolution site characterization (HRSC) techniques with a focus on development and implementation of optimization and close-out of sites. The position requires strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and personable individual with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and a desire to work collaboratively with a growing multi-disciplinary and high performing team.
Locations:(Concord, NH) (Edison, NJ) (West Chester, PA) (Mundelein, IL) (Carlsbad, CA) (Long Beach, CA) (Concord, CA)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in geology or hydrogeology. Master's degree preferred.
- 15 to 20 years of experience in the field of remedial consulting including soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, and vapor intrusion.
- Knowledge and experience in in situ soil and groundwater remediation technologies including addressing LNAPL and DNAPL source zones, working with public, government or private clients.
- Successful development and implementation of site closure strategies working directly with clients.
- Experience in designing, overseeing, and managing site investigations utilizing HRSC techniques to assess geological, hydrogeological, and contaminant characteristics with a specific focus on optimizing in situ treatment and injection technologies.
- Experience with a variety of contaminants preferred including, but not limited to, chlorinated solvents, PCBs, gasoline contaminants, metals, pharmaceuticals, nanomaterials, etc.
- Experience developing and refining conceptual site models and developing contaminant fate and transport models.
- Experience with treatment of novel contaminants preferred including, but not limited to, PFAS and 1,4-dioxane as well as non-emergent contaminants like chlorinated solvents, PCBs, etc.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulatory processes and reporting (CERCLA, RCRA, CWA, state specific cleanup programs, etc.).
- Experience communicating remedial solutions to clients, regulators, and technical team.
- Experience in developing and implementing site closure strategies based on available data and recommending additional data collection to support strategy development.
- Demonstrated experience writing winning proposals for site closure solutions.
- Able to develop subcontractor scopes, obtain bids from subcontractors/vendors, evaluate bids, and select the preferred subcontractors/vendors.
- Able to analyze, interpret, and present data, and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding and awareness of health and safety practices.
- Plan, schedule, and perform quality control (QC) checks and reviews.
- Assists the Project Manager in estimating and tracking project costs.
- Sequences work and schedules staff resources to meet schedules and budgets.
- Assigns tasks to and mentors junior staff including engineers, scientists, geologists, and technicians.
- Able to work effectively in group settings with diverse team members.
- Valid driver's license.
- Able to carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desired, but not mandatory, qualifications include:
- Experience with federal government clients including but not limited to the Air Force, Navy, USACE etc.
- Professional Geologist/ Geoscientist license or ability to get these within 1 year.
These job requirements are not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned. Weston reserves the right to modify the job description as needed.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a generous, comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal needs of its people and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions.
- Paid time off to include vacation, sick, holiday and parental leave.
- Life and disability plans.
- Critical illness and accident plans.
- Work/Life flexibility.
- Professional development opportunities.