Under general supervision, determines the quantity and order date for materials needed to meet the master production schedule. Initiates supplier schedules and/or material releases as appropriate. Troubleshoots supplier quality and service issues.
- Complies with all company safety policies and procedures as well as complying with all OSHA rules and regulations.
- Adheres to good manufacturing practices (GMP) including proper waste disposal, attire, grooming and hygiene, etc.
- Assures supply of ingredients and packaging by determining the quantity and quality based on production needs
- Obtains material quotes for new/modified materials
- Arranges for deliveries as needed to ensure a smooth flow of materials consistent with quality considerations
- Assures effective implementation of marketing, R&D, and operations as they relate to materials for assigned facilities and indirect materials
- Identifies and implements opportunity to reduce working capital associated with material inventories
- Monitors vendor quality and service performance
- Champions corrective actions and quality improvement initiatives with quality assurance, R&D, and vendors
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, packaging preferred
- 3-5 years of previous experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data including fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to write reports and categorize and file data.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and coworkers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be able to read and interpret production reporting.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one ofNorth America'sleading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye,Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.