Better jobs for a better world!
Position: Assistant Controller
Why Join Our Team:
We are a team who is committed to continuous growth and success through hard work, dedication, tireless innovation, and a commitment to quality. We offer many opportunities for career development because our talented associates embrace unique challenges in a demanding market! You will enjoy working in a positive work environment formed on mutual respect and professionalism. At Sellars you can connect with your co-workers, see first- hand the results of your work and be part of a stable, friendly, team-focused environment.
Who We Want:
We are hiring for an experienced Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate must exhibit excellent attention to details and organizational skills, highly analytical and excellent verbal/written communication. You must be comfortable with working through different software and projects.
What You Need to Have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Management, or related coursework.
* Five (5) years of experience in Accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* MBA, CPA, and/or CMA certification desired.
How you contribute as a team member:
* Reports on financial metrics, results, financial statements, and prepares ad-hoc financial analysis and management reports as requested and in conformance with reporting and procedural standards.
* Reviews manual coding to the general ledger for accuracy.
* Assists in the formulation of internal controls and policies.
* Assists with the budget process.
* Works with cost accounting on analyzing and reporting cost variances.
* Provides monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis and financial reports.
* Identifies and drives process improvements, including development of standard and ad-hoc reports and tools.
* Identifies solutions to discrepancies in financial records.
* Assist in monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
* Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulations and legal requirements as it relates to accounting functions.
* Provide support for audits as needed (e.g. Year-end accounting, bank, insurance, and sales tax.).
* Work with accounting/audit firm, and research as necessary to ensure reports are prepared/presented in accordance with GAAP.
How we take care of you!
We frequently seek avenues to enhance our total rewards package as we recognize that our associates are a significant asset to our success and the community! All benefits are available to you from day one!
Medical insurance * Flex Spending Account * Dental * Vision * Voluntary Supplemental insurance * Employee Assistance Program * Short-term Disability * Long-term Disability * 401K (100% company match on the first 4% & total company match of 5%) * Employee Referral