Requisition ID# 81123
Job Category : Environmental Management / Safety
Job Level : Senior Manager
Business Unit: Enterprise Health & Safety
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of the public, our employees and contractor partners. PG&E's Enterprise Health & Safety is a dedicated team of safety and health professionals, focused on preventing illness and injuries through a wide scope of work. We partner with all lines of business to develop and integrate enterprise-wide innovative and proactive safety and health solutions, while ensuring regulatory compliance and reducing risk through programs such as the Correction Action Program.
Develops company-wide Ergonomic programs, policies and procedures and provides subject matter expertise on a variety of risk reduction disciplines. Leads Ergonomic safety process improvement initiatives as needed. Partners with Lines of business to implement Ergonomic Safety programs and advises business groups by providing direction on the development of procedures to assist the organization. Oversees process and procedure development, implementation and communication.
- Use a variety of ergonomic tools and methods to assess and quantify risk both pre and post intervention.
- Initiate, formulate, and develop multi-disciplinary/multi-stakeholder projects targeting reduction of musculoskeletal risks and enhancing human performance.
- Stay current on trends in technology, industry and legislation that could necessitate adjustments or provide improvement to our ergonomics programs and initiatives.
- Supervise and manage the overall performance of department
- Design and implement best in class ergonomic programs that lead to risk reduction and fewer injuries
- Drive awareness of exposures that impact employees
- Creates a safety strategy that achieves the goals and objectives of the business and simultaneously aligns with the corporate safety strategy.
- Provides oversight to the design, development, review and implementation of innovative quality products, programs, services and solutions to support existing safety and health management systems, PG&E safety guidance documents, and the safety goals of the organization.
- Translates functional goals into programs/projects with significant business impact.
- Develops operating policies and procedures that affect multiple teams or a large work unit representing multiple disciplines.
- Interprets, recommends, and executes modifications to function policies.
- Ensures a fundamental integration of Safety improvement concepts for each Line of Business
- Leads and drives continuous improvement and safety performance. Actively pursues best practices by benchmarking with other utilities as well as other industries. Utilizes leading and lagging key performance metrics and provides regular summaries of safety performance to leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in ergonomics, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, safety engineering, safety management, or related fields with a strong emphasis in physical ergonomics/occupational biomechanics or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of relevant safety ergonomics experience (including 2+ years as an Ergonomics Engineer).
- 3 years in a leadership role.
- Ergonomics Certification (AEP, CPE or equivalent)
- 5 years in a leadership role
- Knowledge and skill applying a variety of both office and field (industrial) ergonomic methods
- Master's Degree in in ergonomics, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering or related fields with a strong emphasis in physical ergonomics/occupational biomechanics.
- Certified Utility Safety Professional certification.
- Progressive and significant experience in operations, maintenance or construction
- Experience in the utility industry.
. Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.