Calling all mechanically inclined professionals to check out this entrepreneurial technical opportunity.
Will Train - No previous experience necessary
Silgan Containers seeks a Technical Equipment Service Representative to become a subject matter expert on customer double seam equipment. The roleprovides technical and mechanical support and training to Silgan's customers at their production facilities. This involves the coordination of work on container design, specifications, handling, and processing as well as making recommendations to ensure commercial acceptability and successful customer operations. Silgan's customer-focused philosophy will require the majority of your time to be spent in a face-to-face environment with our customers.
You will love it here if:
- You have a can-do, will-do attitude
- You have mechanical aptitude and enjoy solving problems
- Desire to learn how to diagnose mechanical and quality problems, determine necessary repairs and restore malfunctioning equipment back to service with minimum delay
- You enjoy traveling for work
- You are customer-focused
What you'll do:
- Routinely visit the company's customer production facilities to review their double seam machine equipment quality
- Troubleshoot, train, and provide subject matter expertise to the company's customer management, quality control, and mechanics on the proper procedures of adjusting and maintaining double seam quality
- Ability to travel up to 75%
We need you to have:
- Associates degree or 4+ years of relevant will consider the equivalent experience in place of education
- Strong mechanical/machinist skills
- Willingness to learn seamermachines; learn to troubleshoot, how to take them apart and put them back together,and replace seals, and bearings
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
What we offer:
- Stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious company
- A great culture where you feel like a member of our family
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid time off, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and more
Who We Are:
Silgan Containers is the largest provider of metal food packaging in the United States. Trusted by America's most respected brands, our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence, and unsurpassed technical expertise. We pride ourselves on being a solution-based partner to our customers and work hard to earn their business every day.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.