Direct Supply is building the future of senior living technology, helping connect the spectrum of healthcare in order to improve the lives of millions of seniors!
In the Senior Tax Associate position, you'll serve as a trusted member of our Tax team, playing a key role on the Tax team and collaborating with our Tax Assistant and Tax Interns. You'll utilize your tax expertise and problem-solving skills as you manage compliance to tax laws for Direct Supply, Inc. and all subsidiaries, providing tax guidance for existing and new business opportunities.
What You'll Do and Impact:
- Accurate and timely filing of corporate income/franchise tax returns, U.S. tax filings for Foreign Entities, and tax payments in accordance with company and professional standards, ensuring the company maintains compliance with all tax laws.
- Deliver outrageous customer service to tax inquiries from internal and external customers by responding in a timely, accurate, positive, and professional manner. This will require working closely and collaboratively with our Sales and Financial Services departments.
- Research and report on tax implications of changes in the business and new business opportunities.
- Arrange and lead projects to take advantage of tax legislation changes.
- Lead IRS and various state tax audits, which include sales tax, state income tax, and franchise tax audits.
- Investigate and stay up to date on all sales tax law changes in all jurisdictions (currently 45 states) and be responsible for maintaining customer exemption certificates and supplier W-9s to accurately invoice customers and support tax return filings and audits.
- Maintain current controls for sales tax collection and remission by ensuring system is always accurately set-up to collect and remit sales tax appropriately based on changes to tax laws, tax rate changes, and the addition of new products and services to Direct Supply's offerings portfolio.
- Audit monthly sales tax returns and ensure clean and timely filings.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience with 1 year of experience managing or leading projects
- Experience solving complex tax-related matters and utilizing strong analytical skills
Direct Supply, Inc. and its U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers committed to diverse workforces.
2013 to 2020 Direct Supply, Inc. All rights reserved.
Direct Supply is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.