Milwaukee Catholic Home, a senior living community (RCAC) and a growing non-profit organization on Milwaukee's East side is seeking a full-time Accountant.
Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and an ability to maintain confidentiality are important qualifications for this position, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with our team. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines. Recent university graduates are encouraged to apply and training will be provided.
This position consists of ensuring that the business is operating effective and efficiently by performing accounting functions and monitoring internal controls. In addition, the Accountant is responsible for assigned finance activities, proper reporting and adherence to GAAP.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for meeting established month end close deadlines by preparing and analyzing journal entries.
- Ensures all assigned reconciliations are prepared timely and with accuracy
- Analyze finance data to ensure accuracy and compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP)
- Identify areas of concern in accounting records and provide proactive analysis to support the company
- Prepare audit schedules
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations for cost reductions/improvements
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Serve as backup to other roles within the Finance department as needed
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of Accounting/finance experience
- Understanding of financial reporting requirements/GAAP
- Proficiency with Excel required
- Experience in non-profit is preferred, but not required