Assists in the management of food safety and quality assurance activities for all phases of production and laboratory operations. Due to production demand,positions available on all shifts. Maintains close rapport with plant teams to work as a team in identifying, solving and preventing problems affecting food safety and quality. Conducts product quality and food safety surveillance of plant areas and processes, including food safety plan, CCP (Critical Control Point) monitoring verifications, periodic facility inspections, bacteriological environmental inspections in critical plant areas. Responsible for assisting in development, implementation, training and verification of policies and procedures that are required via corporate, regulatory and/ or 3rd party expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate quality assurance and food safety activities with various departments (operations, maintenance, prime materials, etc.).
- Engage in ConAgra productionstandard (CPS) activities.
- Provide technical assistance and training to personnel as necessary when working through troubleshooting activities.
- Verify daily plant operational documentation, including Food Safety Plan CCPs, various operator quality checks, etc. for completeness and accuracy.
- Assure plant generated records are properly reviewed, tracked (ex: database entering) and filed.
- Conduct GMP and sanitation audits of plant operations and grounds at required frequencies.
- Assist with the hold process- conduct rechecks, place product on hold, assist in carrying out/ verification of disposition as outlined by QA manager and/ or team lead, assure records are maintained
- Assist in researching, trending and tracking customer complaints, glass breakage
- Coordinate vendor issues with prime materials and manage PQM system accordingly
- Support R&D Product Plant Trials.
- Serve as back-up for Plant Lead Lab Tech in their absence.
- 1-2 years' experience within the food industry or similar manufacturing environment, B.S. degree (or equivalent) in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of FDA, USDA and HACCP requirements applicable to the facility.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Sanitation Practices (GSPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Familiar with the AIB Consolidated Standards for Food Safety or equivalent quality/food safety standards and regulatory requirements (SQF).
- Proficient in computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control and elementary statistical analysis.
- Excellent verbal, written and team communication skills
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one ofNorth America'sleading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye,Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.