Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our locations in Scarborough, Maine and Gurnee, IL currently have an opportunity for a Senior Procurement Specialist. Responsible for executing against the purchasing and supply management strategies created by the Category Managers. Work intimately with customers, divisions and the Category managers driving the "One Abbott Procurement" model. Provide superior levels of customer service and satisfaction while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity. The Sr. Specialist has delegated authority to commit company funds. This position will work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility and specifications in the procurement of goods and services while contributing cost savings, partnerships with suppliers and other value added activities to support customer needs and expectations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- First line responder, pivots between strategy and operations. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Execute against larger category strategies and work in the guidance of strategic category leaders.
- Researches and evaluates products and suppliers. Performs value analysis on costs and supplier quotes.
- Recommends process improvements to streamline for efficiencies.
- Analyzes complex problems and delivers solutions.
- Support PO conversion - non transactional and decisive negotiations.
- Educate on existing solutions and enable performance and tech tools development.
- Support Ops issues and invoice error resolution.
- Solves complex problems.
- PO change management and evaluate the cause for change. Enable supplier integration and KPI's.
- Drive value and lead savings outcomes.
- Collaboration with functions.
- Develops bids and proposal formats. Lead complex RFPs as well as lead small projects.
- Provides advice/direction in primary areas of expertise.
- Communicate and educate appropriate departments to provide appropriate supporting documentation for purchases.
- Develop and leads agreed purchasing strategies for category.
- Seek, develop and establish business relationships with diverse suppliers. Meet regularly with divisional customers and lead functions to ensure superior customer satisfaction and continuous improvement for efficiencies.
- Executes against the goals set by the Category Leads /Managers/Directors.
- Drive innovative ways to maintain and improve procurement processes, cycle times, total acquisition costs, and customer service levels.
- Key Organizational Relationships: Category Lead, Manager, Senior Manager, Functional Heads ex: head of IT, AQR, HR, Meeting Event Planners, Legal, Division Purchasing leadership, Division and Corp requisitioners, Division Commercial and operations stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Business or Finance
- Minimum of 4 Years of Procurement Experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.