Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The position of Senior Front Line Lead is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Gurnee, Illinois. The Senior Front Line Lead is part of the Gurnee Operations leadership team. This position leads the overall production for 1 shift (12 hours) of a 4 shift, 24-7 operation. Manages 6 manufacturing hubs and a production team of 550+ people on the shift.
- Responsible for the achievement of the production plan for the shift (output, quality, resources, safety, etc.)
- Partner cross-functionally to manage daily operations (material control, engineering, quality assurance, etc.). Lead the team to adhere to GMP and quality system requirements
- Translate operations objectives into actionable plans including resourcing, equipment, processes and procedures
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports. Establish a culture of engagement and continuous improvement. Provide timely coaching, counseling and feedback
- Track, trend, and continuously improve key performance measures. Understand drivers and develop plans around improvement of performance and quality metrics. Lead execution of plans through involvement of all team and support resources
- Assures team members are trained to understand duties, responsibilities, and performance against established expectations
- Maintains records and status reports necessary to meet operations GMP and quality requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Manufacturing, Business Administration, Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent experience and/or specialized training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years' experience as a supervisor or manager. Has strong leadership and coaching skills
- Strong operations and manufacturing principles, techniques and practices to give guidance to the operations team
- Process control management experience. Six Sigma certification preferred
- Knowledge and experience to handle projects, issues. Versed in methods to improve operational efficiencies
- Strategic planning & execution experiences. Able to think strategically and translate into action
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading organization change projects. Change management skills
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce. We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please send an email to MyRecruiter@alere.com.