Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our location in Abbott Park, IL, currently has an opportunity for a Data Governance Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be a Trusted Advisor to Abbott's Office of Ethics and Compliance, Quality, Legal, Treasury, and other stakeholders to translate jurisdiction, laws, regulations, and enforcement models to Abbott IT processes and security control capabilities (e.g. data protection controls).
- Establish and implement data governance concepts and principles (e.g. requirements for handling and transferring data) into day-to-day operations.
- Develop and implement system frameworks, communicate to stakeholders, measure performance.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to our information classification and governance program.
- Develop and maintain technical security controls to protect data throughout the data lifecycle.
- Consult system implementers to appropriately apply technical controls.
- Provide guidance to the Secure Systems Development Lifecycle - Privacy and Security by Design
- Support internal and external security and privacy compliance reviews, assessments, and audits
- Stay abreast of changes to the regulatory and legal landscape for impacts to data protection.
- Assist with investigations into privacy and data protection incidents, breaches, and complaints.
- 10 years of combined experience across information security and/or data governance and/or data privacy.
- Management or Team Leadership required.
- Experience with GRC management, preferably with RSA Archer or similar toolsets.
- Working in a global multi-national organization or audit / consulting experience for such an organization.
- Proven ability to translate data governance, privacy and/or security regulations and/or standards into workable and implementable solutions.
- Regulated, FDA, Healthcare sector in a Quality Regulated environment (e.g. cGXP: 21 CFR 211, FDA Quality Systems Regulations (QSR), or comparable).
- Demonstrated experience and working understanding with one or more privacy regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA.
- Experience implementing frameworks such as NIST 800-53 / Privacy Framework, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27001 / 27701.
- Appreciation of country-specific regulation (e.g. Russia Personal Data Localization).
- Ideal to have experience in cybersecurity and/or privacy considerations of cloud platforms, big data, data analytics, commerce, or similar emerging technologies.
- Compliance frameworks such as SOX, Payment Card Industry (PCI), and SWIFT attestation experience desired.
EDUCATION, YOU'LL BRING
Degree in Information Security, Privacy, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent scientific degree.
Certifications (one or more required)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP or CIPP/US or CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.