Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our location in Abbott Park, IL, currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager - Analytics.
You will provide technical leadership and oversight in analytical solutions development as related to business intelligence/Analytics projects. Participate in the creation of technology strategies and technology roadmaps in business intelligence and analytics. And use data and insight to innovatively solve business problems, drive superior customer experience, and transform our business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Strategic & Technological Oversight
- Collaborate with technology leaders, business partners, and peer groups regarding long and short-range BI/Analytics goals and strategy.
- Collaborate with BRMs and the Business to advance ideation to impactful solutions that are meaningful to the business.
- Recommend and drive innovative solutions, which anticipate the future direction of the business, its drivers and solution strategy.
- Drive globalization of business capabilities and determines redundancy and re-engineering opportunities.
Project Management Oversight
- Responsible for project management and business analysis tasks.
- Plan, initiate, and manage BI/Analytics projects.
- Serve as liaison between business and IT.
- Documentation of requirements and scope.
- Monitor & track milestones and maintain project status communications.
- Management of project resources and costs.
- Project execution and delivery on time and under budget.
- Ensure compliance with Abbott quality and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Partner with Product Owners to align the roadmap with the technical design and strategy.
- Review and ensure application designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost-effective solutions.
- Ensure effective systems operations between the suppliers and Abbott Plan/Build organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or equivalent relevant experience/ Master's Degree preferred.
- Expertise in Information Management in the Analytics domain, data warehousing solutions, and Application development.
- Experience with analytics implementation projects on Azure and/or AWS cloud.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, actionable manner
- Excellent facilitation and influence skills for insight-driven culture change
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Ability to prioritize and triage deadline-driven tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Preferably 7+ years of experience in application development space in business intelligence application development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Preferably Hands-on ability to dive into the solution engineering.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.