Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our location in Abbott Park, IL, currently has an opportunity for an IT Program Manager who will be responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring, and implementing very complex IT programs to meet organizational goals. Working with Corporate Business and Divisional Business Relationship Managers (BRM's) to understand future IT demands and requirements. Also working with Enterprise Architecture to establish reference architecture across all business processes within the Order-to-Cash (OTC) domain. Align with our chosen providers to oversee delivery of key IT projects and major enhancements approved through the Project Request / Demand process. The Program Manager will be responsible for working with line of business management and staff to: Define the business, financial and operational requirements of new systems. Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new systems and enhancements to existing systems. Determine ways of leveraging existing systems for new requirements. Enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow. Identify and resolve issues with existing systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Strategic Thinking: Understands division's vision, goals, and strategies. Manages required changes effectively. Manages change and encourages innovation. Open to new ideas. Has the desire and aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Business Acumen: Understanding of business operations and business needs and overall requirements. Resolves issues in an appropriate and timely manner. Contribute to long-range strategic planning by providing insight into process are growth projections and/or improvement strategies.
- Program Management: Management over multiple order to cash (OTC) projects in parallel, in particular, but not restricted to, B2B eCommerce. Experience in Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies, preferably SCRUM master certified.
- Project Reporting: Develops and communicates key performance indicators (cost/schedule/technical/quality) for projects.
- Budget Management: Manages project budgets and large capital projects (RCE): develop, monitor, and meet expense and recovery plans for cost avoidance and cost reductions.
- People Management: Determine necessary mix of skill set required for project execution. Oversee & ensure that resources are available to meet the daily technical and functional demands of the program. Responsible for all aspects of people leadership; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback. Confronts and deals with resource issues in a constructive and timely manner.
- Collaboration & Relationship Management: Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and external partners. Work collectively and collaboratively with global and regional teams within and across their functional areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelors or equivalent experience Preferably in business, information systems, operations management, or a discipline closely related to the client area served.
- 10 years overall experience to include project management, business, and process experience.
- Skilled in business process mapping
- Budget planning with internal and vendors as well as management during project implementation.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in a geographically diverse, matrixed organization.
- Experience managing complex, global or cross-divisional IT projects including validated systems.
- Expertise in Agile & cross-organizational programs.
- Proficient with MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- PMP and SCRUM Master certification.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience in a similar regulated environment or health care industry & regulated environment.
- Experience in SOX, PCI, and data privacy regulations.
- Experience with SAP OTC process.
- Exposure to any of the following: Magento, SAP, End-2-End order fulfillment/ billing, Robotic Process Automation, & Salesforce.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.