Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our location in Lake County, Illinois currently has an opportunity for a Business System Analyst.
As a part of the Technical Currency Program, this position is responsible as the data custodian/system administrator for our application and health portfolio data. Responsibilities include the definition, maintenance and governance of the data components and process for our Application Data, technology health and processes used to support this. Additionally, this role will also help lead Tech Currency Programs/Projects for the BSS Run Organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
A key part of this job will require the candidate to establish strong relationships with the client service managers, data source owners, division data owners and IT Management and may conduct training on data governance, workflow and applications used for data management.
As part of the program management, will be assisting the Program Director in driving the overall Technical Currency program that includes oversight of multiple programs and reporting across the divisions.
- Help define, enforce and improve the technical currency program processes regarding application data management, technical data and data integrity rules
- Have a solid understanding of Software Life Cycle (SLC) methodologies in relation to understanding and capturing Business Impact Assessment and Disaster Recovery Planning, Privacy, Quality and related data components within the data collection and governance process
- Have excellent communications skills and be able to drive data governance and processes with all the divisions
- Demonstrate a technical acumen that enables management of the technical data fields within the data management tool
- Demonstrate project management skills to help drive Tech Currency projects for BSS
- Can work independently and drive for results
- Work is typically directed by higher level program manager/director or management
- Individual will be responsible for self-managed projects and may include directing peers or higher and potentially contract labor for projects
- Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates or contract labor
- Individual is expected to manage daily operations of the data management, system administration and troubleshooting of the application and technical data applications and workflow tools
- The quality and timeliness of above activities impacts business data decisions and processes for all divisions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of overall IT experience
- Proficiency in SharePoint, BI / Reporting Tools, and Excel
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.