Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countriesAt Abbott, you can work on market-leading tech and help in the fight against COVID-19.Our location in Lake County, IL currently has an opportunity for a Full Stack Software Engineer as part of our NAVICA program.WHAT YOU'LL DO Serve as a hybrid of front-end developer and back-end developer, to build the visible parts of NAVICA's mobile suite of applications that users see and interact with, as well as the "under the hood" parts that users don't interact with. Contribute to new-build as well as planned enhancements.Core Job Responsibilities:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING Hands-on technology architect, who is a jack-of-all-trades and can transition seamlessly between front and backend coding. Need to be fluent in creating high-performing websites that thrive on strong architecture, while supplementing with data-driven applications that optimize site functionality throughout the lifecycle of each project. Need to be an expert with various programming frameworks and know how to effectively create website foundations using back-end applications and database structures.Minimum Experience:
- Concepting, creating and building mobile and web-based applications alongside our graphic design team, and magically turning them into effective, efficient code.
- Designing user-based interactions through effective front-end architecture.
- Developing functional databases, applications and servers to support our websites on the back end.
- Coding for various platforms to ensure functionality across multiple channels.
- Leading and developing best practices for Full Stack Engineer team.
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs.
- Leveraging authentication and authorizations services to access backend RESTful services / APIs.
- Troubleshooting issues and problem solving as necessary.
- Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7 years of Java Development experience
- Strong knowledge of working in Cloud environments (Azure and AWS) leveraging various web application development and deployment technologies
- Strong programming experience working on Linux O/S, Programming languages such Java, Kotlin, .Net/C#, and various SQL and NO-SQL databases
- Experience working with server technologies including Apache, ISS, Node.js, Nginx and J2EE and Spring Framework.
- Experience working with various Identity management platform such as AWS Cognito, Azure AD B2C, Okta and oAuth0
- Experience in API design and development using microservices architecture
- String knowledge in development for high performance and secure application development for large to very large enterprises
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving.