Position Overview: EAGLE is seeking an experienced leader who will partner with the school team to ensure that all students show dramatic achievement gains and develop strong character in a loving and demanding environment. The Dean of Students leads the school-wide effort to create a culture that is aligned with the mission and core values of EAGLE - College, Character, and Community. The Dean of Students is responsible for proactively encouraging and supporting students to engage in positive behavior and engaging families in furthering their child's education. Additionally, the Dean of Students serves as a mentor and coach to school staff in developing a positive, structured, consistent, caring, and disciplined school culture. The primary goal is to empower the principal and teachers to be almost solely focused on student academic achievement and instructional excellence.
Reports To: Principal
* Work closely with Principal to establish a positive, structured, achievement-oriented, and creative school culture.
* Serve as the point person for dealing with behavioral crisis-intervention and acute behavioral issues.
* Act as a resource to teachers in their instructional practice, especially as it relates to issues of discipline, relationships with students, classroom management, and school culture.
* Assist teachers, students, and parents in the effective creation and implementation of individual behavior plans.
* Lead staff efforts to ensure all students have excellent attendance and arrive at school on time, and working aggressively with students and parents to ensure excellent attendance.
* Be highly present and visible during school hours, relentlessly ensuring the school has an exceptional school culture.
* Ensure that behavioral expectations and school culture standards are met inside and outside of the classroom.
* Develop a parent leadership team, enlisting volunteers to play an active role in the direction of the school and coordinate family activities.
* Invest the scholars in caring deeply about the EAGLE family, their own academic performance, graduating from college, and becoming the next generation of serving leaders in their communities.
* Lead recognition and celebration events and other school-wide culture-building activities and events ensure students find joy in learning and have fun.
* A demonstrated passion for and commitment to the mission of EAGLE schools to build a high-performing, growing network of schools that dramatically impact students' academic and character development
* Strong instructional and classroom management skills
* Focus on a systems-oriented approach to student, classroom, and school culture
* Strong organization, planning, and time management skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with students, families, colleagues, and community members
* A tireless work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative solution finder
* Serving Leader able to continually confront the brutal facts, inspire, equip, and support the school to achieve its mission
* Open to feedback and committed to continuously improving
* Personal qualities: passionate, relentless work ethic, humility, positive in the face of incredible challenges, and loving
* Proven track record of pushing students academically using data and holding them to high expectations
* Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card is required
* Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate is required
* At least 5 years of teaching experience is highly preferred
Compensation: EAGLE offers a generous compensation package including participation in 403b retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and professional development opportunities.