We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Business Development Manager, who will build and grow sales through strategic partnerships, provide technical expertise and solutions for customers and distributors, develop relationships to build new business opportunities, while acting as the liaison between our customer service, marketing, product management and manufacturing teams. This team member would provide coordination of internal company functions ensuring that the cartridge business portfolio is consistently positioned to take advantage of growth opportunities. If you are seeking a challenging opportunity where you will have direct impact in leading and shaping our business, we encourage you to apply!
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with company functions on development and achieving financial goals, planning, and forecasting.
- Build and develop relationships with current and new customers to expand the business and drive sales growth for consumables.
- Research, develop and execute plans, which capture opportunities for new products, new applications or new markets via a deep understanding of competitive, financial, technological and demographic factors.
- Work cross-functionally to recommend new product platforms to capture growth, leveraging existing core competencies.
- Identify and recommend potential new product development opportunities and/or business deals by analyzing market potential, customer requirements and evaluating options.
- Provide technical support to customers through in-depth product understanding to ensure appropriate product selection to meet customer's application needs.
- Serve as the technical expert for consumables and resin in providing support to OEM and life-science customers.
- Partner with Life Science Territory Managers to identify new sales opportunities and channels.
- Work with government agencies to increase market share and bid opportunities in this segment.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Biology, Life Science, Chemistry, or related field and 10 years' experience in the life sciences, quality analytics, laboratory or vivarium industry, or a combination of both.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)