As an Associate Product Marketing Manager, you will develop and implement the strategic marketing plan for an assigned product line, consistent with company strategy and financial goals. You will assist with the day-to-day operational responsibility for upstream and/or downstream marketing, including pricing, positioning, branding, and compiling reports on the global financial and market performance of products, as well as facilitating the development and provisioning of needed sales tools. You will support the sales team by providing training, communications, materials, and reporting on an individual performance to metrics. You will leverage multi-source intelligence to recommend new product ideas and improvements to existing products, build the business case to justify the required investment, and manage the internal process for approval.Specific Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designing and implementing upstream and/or downstream marketing plans for an assigned product line, including product mix, product functionalities, pricing, forecasting, differentiation, positioning, promotional activities, metrics and reporting, and market development.
- Influencing product innovation based on customer insights and actions, clinical practices, trends in healthcare and regulatory pathways, and input from KOLs and influencers. *
- Recommending cost/price initiatives to drive profitability and supporting or updating the company strategy and financial goals. *
- Collaborating with engineering (for example, R&D, Studio, or an external partner) to prioritize product features and functions based on customer needs, participating in design reviews and evaluations of product performance, and assuring continuous improvement. *
- Providing Operations with accurate forecasts and sharing customer input/observations to ensure there is an adequate supply of product to meet demand while improving the user experience. *
- Providing the commercial team with training, product pricing, branding and positioning, communication tools, conference/ podium/customer demo presentations, and troubleshooting support, as well as staying up to date on the competitive market conditions and trends. *
- Working with multiple marketing groups, including Creative, Marketing Operations, Corporate Communications, Events, Digital Marketing, and Brand Marketing teams, as applicable, in order to promote the assigned product line, and creating and/or editing the elated content, as necessary.
- Working closely with other groups, such as Medical Education, Clinical, Quality, Regulatory, and Sales to create effective training, educational, and promotional programs and materials.
- Leveraging awareness of global healthcare factors, interacting with customers/sales team, providing insights gleaned from data analytics, and understanding the competitive landscape to recommend new products, line extensions, product changes, licensing, or acquisition opportunities to senior management. *
- Adhering to the Company's Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures, and ensuring other members of the department do the same. *
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned.
*Indicates an essential function of the role. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Life Sciences, or a related field.
- 1+ year(s) of experience in the medical device industry or a similarly regulated healthcare industry.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
What We Offer
- Master's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Prior experience successfully launching new products.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing priorities with changing deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with confidential and sensitive information.
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning and growth are constant.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to.