At Citizens Bank we help, people, businesses, and communities achieve financial success to build a better future. We hope you will consider joining our team. We are seeking an experienced Commercial Credit Analyst to join our Commercial Credit team.
This position is responsible for providing detailed analysis and recommendations of credit worthiness of commercial borrowers. Ensures that proposed loans meet policy guidelines to maintain loan portfolio's requisite quality. Performs evaluations on collateral values.
Hours: Typical hours Monday - Friday 8:15am-5pm. Flexibility based on business needs with with the possibility of working remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, present and make approval recommendations on loans that meet policy criteria to the Board of Directors or Loan Committee.
- Analyze and rate the risk of each borrower, based on credit/accounts receivables audits, inventory audits, real estate appraisals, liquidity, market position, overall business climate, and financial statements, loan covenants, or other information as requested.
- Provide comments and write-ups on financial conditions of customers as well as covenant violations to Loan Officers. Utilize software for evaluations.
- Provide risk assessment and advice to Loan Officers regarding loan policies/procedures, credit analysis, financial statement evaluation, and credit investigations.
- Assess and assign values on collateral for new and existing credit exposures.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Finance/Accounting
- Working knowledge of commercial lending and financial statements analysis, income tax laws and return preparation, and documentation
- Strong analysis software/computer proficiency (Credit Quest a plus), including Word and Excel, database and ability to produce tables of information
- Ability to make decisions with little supervision
- Interact positively and communicate well (written and verbal) with all staff levels
- Effective presentation skills
- Decision Making
****Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities****Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.