Our client is seeking a Maintenance Technician for a direct hire position in there 400,000+ square foot facility. They make die cast parts in many items that are used every day! This is a 2nd or 3rd shift position.
As a Maintenance Technician, you are required to perform maintenance, rebuild and repair work on all equipment in the facility to support production needs. You must display a high skill level in one or more of the following electrical / electronics, pneumatics & hydraulic systems, millwright; with the ability to work with and train others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a hands-on Maintenance Technician to assist with all troubleshooting, repair, and routine maintenance of all faciliy and production equipment.
- Self-starter and take initiative without direction.
- Be dedicated to the department’s and company’s objectives.
- Troubleshoot electrical control circuits and repairing and maintaining all electrical systems in the facility.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all hydraulic and pneumatic systems as needed.
- Be responsible for repairing gas fired and electrical furnaces and making sure they are properly maintained on a routine basis.
- Repair transformers, buss bars, water tower, pumps, and compressors as needed
- Repair water cooling systems and plant air systems when required. As the Maintenance Technician, you will also repair/rebuild all parts of a die cast machine, gear reduction units, and forklifts.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Maintenance journeyman certificate or vocational/technical training is desired.
- Must have a complete understanding in one or more of the following: hydraulics and pneumatics, PLCs and electrical/electronic systems.
- As a successful Maintenance Tech you must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics. Maintenance Tech must have some previous welding experience including arc and MIG welding.