- Operate machine at designated maximum speeds.
- Demonstrate personal safety and help maintain a safe work environment for themselves and fellow members of the production team. Responsible for following all company safety rules and guidelines.
- Demonstrate time management skills during downtime on machines by helping your teammates and looking for ways to improve a process.
- Exhibit a strong aptitude for training new employees.
- Perform housekeeping measures and preventative maintenance on the machine as stated by Sellars' Clean Manufacturing Standards.
- Effectively communicate with Converting Shift Managers, Maintenance, and all other personnel in a positive manner.
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience working in printing, paper production or paper converting is preferred.
- Ability to read a ruler required (metric and standard).
- Strong mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively on a team.
- Be able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to constantly walk or stand.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional bending, kneeling or entry into enclosed spaces.
Benefits - Available on 1st Day of Employment!
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Educational Reimbursement
At Sellars you are able to connect with your co-workers, see firsthand the results of your work and be part of a stable, friendly, team-focused environment. For additional benefits information, please visit www.sellarsjobs.com