As The Bank of You, North Shore Bank is about helping families thrive, businesses grow and communities flourish. And it’s our employees that make the difference. With offices located throughout eastern Wisconsin, we offer a work culture that has been recognized as a Top Workplace seven times by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
As a mutual company, North Shore Bank isn’t publicly-owned, which means when we come to work every morning, our sole focus is on providing high-touch service to our customers and employees, and supporting our local communities. Are you looking for a company that places long-term growth ahead of short-term profits? Where you can put your customers first and think creatively to solve challenges? Where respect, integrity and being true to your word are valued and rewarded? This is the place.
SUMMARY: The Branch Manager/Video Teller Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Video Teller department which includes but is not limited to: quality of service for branch and customer inquiries. Directs the activities of the Video Teller team in order to achieve exceptional quality, accuracy, and efficiency of customer service results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES North Shore Bank’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe only the major responsibilities of the job. You may be expected to perform other duties specified by your manager. Everyone is expected to contribute whatever efforts necessary to operate efficiently and effectively to insure the success of North Shore Bank.
- Establish objectives for assigned business area in collaboration with Area Manager and develop plans that will accomplish objectives
- Ensure that sufficient resources, including staffing and sales support, are available and efficiently deployed.
- Coach direct reports, motivating them and training them on effective practices and processes and to achieve business plan objectives.
- Monitor performance and provide feedback, including conducting performance evaluations for direct reports and collaborating on others as required. Take remedial actions as required to address deficiencies.
- Consistently communicates all necessary information to the staff by scheduling regular staff meetings and/or seminars for the purpose of informing staff and/or customers of current promotions and business practices.
- Keep abreast of current financial and economic conditions in market place and business sector.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of effective internal controls for the business area including but not limited to protection of all physical assets and property of the department, adherence to accounting controls, and quality of customer documents. Corrects any deficiencies on a timely basis.
- Monitors ITMs and teller equipment to ensure they are operational and places work orders when needed. Represents the bank to outside vendors as needed.
- Prepare needed reports on ITMs.
- Coordinates and supervises teller operations by delegating responsibilities, holding branch staff accountable for their duties. Can perform in a Video Teller role as needed.
- Handles complex and non-routine inquiries by branch staff and customers concerning bank policy and operating procedures; research and resolve customer problems. Involves other departments as needed.
- Keeps abreast of Bank products/services and policies/procedures and insures that all changes and/or additions are thoroughly communicated to staff.
- Ensure all team members serve customers in a professional, courteous, efficient manner through the prompt handling of all video teller functions. Will ensure adherence to North Shore Bank’s customer service standards.
- Serves as subject matter expert for department; provides expertise in utilizing systems, processes, and other available resources to complete research and resolve complex issues.
- Provides expert level support when new campaigns or ITMs are launched.
- Responsible for business continuity processes of Video Teller Area.
- Coordinates efforts with IT staff and satellite branch to quickly resolve technology issues.
Sales and Referrals
- Ensures all staff meet referral and point expectations, provides coaching to improve effectiveness of referrals and point generation, and develops remediation plans when necessary.
- Develops and leads execution of specific sales plans in collaboration with Area Manager to meet and exceed goals.
- Ensure the effective utilization of Business Partners in branch.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional education/certification in the areas of customer service, supervision and general banking are required. Knowledge of Fiserv system is necessary to perform the essential job duties. Position requires extensive knowledge of North Shore Bank products and services. Requires demonstrated effective verbal and written communications skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position requires the ability to work flexible hours including potential for occasional Saturdays and Sundays. Effective communication and presentation skills are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must be able to operate a vehicle and drive between various site locations.