Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators…but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now, instead we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
The Machine Operator -- Fabrication I is expected to perform under the direction of the area supervisor, manufacture parts per plant specification in an accurate and timely manner utilizing a CNC Machining Center/Fabrication equipment while recognizing safety and efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Position and secure work piece in machine
* Maintain a clean safe work area
* Ability to read blue prints/Diagrams, tape measure by millimeters dial caliper and any other measuring instruments as needed.
* Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment.
* Previous experience with inventory control methods.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* An understanding of machining/fabricating fundamentals
* Ability to perform reading, writing, and math functions.
* Ability to effectively communicate
* Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
* Intermediate PC knowledge.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
* Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
* Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
* Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
To formally apply to this position go to www.generac.com/careers. You will not be considered an applicant until you complete an online application.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”