Position Type : Full time
Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired : Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage : 0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be a member of the Product Delivery Team that is focused on delivering software products with high quality in a repeatable and traceable manner.
You will be asked to bring in the passion for managing software releases from instantiation to delivery into production, while assuring that our software products are delivered with high accuracy and adhere to high quality standards. Our team is asked to support senior engineers in continuous improvement of the CICD platform, including associated infrastructure, code scan's, vulnerability tests and system configuration monitoring and change control. You will work hand in hand with senior engineers, QA and development teams to assure the environment is ready for QA to start testing and maintain the release calendar.
What you will be doing
- Help create stable workflows starting from source code management, through compilation, testing and distribution along development, test and production environments
- Be able to maintain and support reproducible, predictable and stable Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment environments
- Implement and administer change management and configuration processes and automation for versioning, packaging, and distribution of software products to internal/external clients throughout the development life cycle
- Provide proven experience and understanding of the Release Management/Software Configuration Management Book of Knowledge
- Assist internal/external Implementation teams with deployments into test and production environments
- Develops automation for build, test and delivery processes
- Supports and maintains the development of automation to configure and maintain server and application environment configurations
- Provide knowledge and input into the selection and use of common tools for build automation and delivery
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
- Provide a strong desire to continuously learn new technologies either on a personal initiative or as directed
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
- Prepares Source Code Escrow as needed
- Attends Source Code Reviews
- Participates in Host/Server Vulnerability remediation initiatives
- Participates in PI Planning sessions.
- Manages Software Release Calendar and manages the release of software to multiple environments (Manual and automated)
- Monitors release progress of all release artifacts along the CICD pipeline. Investigates and resolves problems that prohibit the progression. Communicates to the respective support teams and assures issues are solved.
- Assures that software products are scanned and tested according to regulatory and security standards.
- Assures that scan and test results are incorporated as part of every release.
- Manages communication to development and QA resources. Provides status accounting in
- Works independently on assignments, as well as collaborate with peers and other technology teams
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of Release Management best practices and multiplatform environment
- Ability to manage multiple Releases on time, with high quality standards and accurace
- Ability to develop and manage release plans and schedule
- Knowledge of common DevOps tools, Platforms and practices (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deploy) such as Jenkins, XL Release, Openshift, Helm charts, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of development tools such as MS IDE and Eclipse
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of webserver applications, such as IIS or Tomcat
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
- Knowledge of batch programming in Windows, and Unix/Linux systems
- Understanding of at least one version control tools such as Git, TFS, BitBucket, SVN
- Understanding of development processes (agile, branch management, release updates, QA testing, UAT and production) as it relates to software releases
Added bonus if you have:
- Build experience in Unix/Linux and windows build environments, including understanding of build tools such as install shield, maven, ant/nant is desired
- Knowledge of common automation programming languages such as Ansible, Batch, Powershell is desired
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development is desired
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry, e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma is a plus
- Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within assigned line(s) of business is a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.