Regional Vice President, North America - World Courier (000022Y4)
The Regional Vice President, North America, is a key and crucial role within World Courier, a division of AmerisourceBergen. World Courier is a provider of premium logistics services and the leading global specialty supplier of transportation, storage and distribution services for multinational biopharmaceutical clinical trials.
World Courier has more than 3,000 associates in over 50 countries. The Regional Vice President, North America, will provide leadership to over 750 associates across 13 facilities in the US and Canada. This position reports to the President of the business unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, direct, and control the activities of the North America region so that it achieves its short and long-term financial and operating objectives (for example increased profitability, productivity, or market share) as set by the overall World Courier business plan.
- Responsible for understanding all World Courier's product & services offerings and becoming a champion for practical integration of "real world" solutions.
- Provides intense focus on overall sales, customer services and operations. Including but not limited to creating incremental growth opportunities and business development within an assigned region.
- Overall leadership for regional sales & business development strategy, as well as supply chain solutions
- Implementation of strategic initiatives to meet revenue targets and regional growth/development plans
- Communicate the results of analysis and make recommendations to senior management with regard to course of action.
- Manage and increase productivity of inventory, creating effective supply chain for end users
- Warehouse management to ensure productivity and quality control meets company policies
- Lead regional administration including payroll, customer billing and invoicing
- Provides project management support including utilization of project planning tools, resource coordination, communication and reporting
- Extensive travel as required to meet business needs
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors Degree in Business or related field a must. MBA preferred. 10 years of experience in Pharmaceutical industry, sales/business development and/or logistics industry with increasing regulatory or quality responsibilities.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong understanding of the pharma industry and key relationships
- Demonstrates executive presence
- Strong coaching and sales experience; strong sales management abilities
- Knowledge of biologics industry and related procedures, regulations, and standards, as well as quality programs.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Ability to formulate, communicate, and implement short and long-term strategies
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Organization: World Courier Inc
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran