Assistant/Associate Director - Oncology Medical Communications (Remote) (000022R2)
Our Medical Communication department plays a critical role in developing scientific and medical content that helps pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies to successfully commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets.
The Oncology Medical Communication Assistant/ Associate Director serves an expert clinical resource for the development of clinical materials and implementation of medical, health outcomes, quality improvement, and market research across multiple clients and Xcenda teams. This role is imperative to Xcenda as it contributes in creating, educating, and inspiring our dynamic team of researchers to create their highest quality output attainable while upholding Xcenda’s core mission and vision.
As the Oncology Medical Communication Assistant/Associate Director, a typical day might include:
- Serving as the primary medical writer for product formulary dossiers in oncology, including dossiers following the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Format, WellPoint Format, and global reimbursement dossiers, among others
- Providing clinical support in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) in oncology. Activities may be related to value proposition development, oncology guidelines dissection, and comparators/outcomes evaluation
- Working as the primary researcher on literature review engagements in oncology
- Serving as the primary writer for peer-reviewed publications including manuscripts and conference abstracts and posters (authorship opportunities exist, but cannot be guaranteed), and white papers in oncology
- Developing and formatting content for clinical and scientific presentations in oncology
- Supporting in the goals of business unit/service line growth
- Maintaining a 60-65% chargeability goal based on a 40-hour work week
Based on the experience level of the candidate the responsibilities for this role will adjust accordingly. The role could potentially be filled at an Assistant Director or Associate Director level.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate should have an advanced clinical degree (eg, MD, PharmD or BSN) in a relevant discipline as the minimum educational requirement with at least 2 years of practical experience.
- Strong writing skills with a demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Retrospective research experience as well as a sound understanding of large database management and analysis
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Strong project management skills, including establishing project timelines and milestones
- Ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated software
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran