As The Bank of You, North Shore Bank is about helping families thrive, businesses grow and communities flourish. And it’s our employees that make the difference. With offices located throughout eastern Wisconsin, we offer a work culture that has been recognized as a Top Workplace seven times by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
As a mutual company, North Shore Bank isn’t publicly-owned, which means when we come to work every morning, our sole focus is on providing high-touch service to our customers and employees, and supporting our local communities. Are you looking for a company that places long-term growth ahead of short-term profits? Where you can put your customers first and think creatively to solve challenges? Where respect, integrity and being true to your word are valued and rewarded? This is the place.
Due to a recent retirement, we have a great opportunity for a Business Banker. This position is responsible for developing effective, ongoing banking relationships with both new and existing business customers. Utilizing their knowledge of lending practices, business acumen and financial analysis, Business Banking Officers develop a portfolio of business loan and deposit customers.
- Achieves successful loan production and deposit services objectives through prospecting, developing client relationships, and maintaining adequate loan outstandings.
- Develop a prospect calling program and an effective referral network for the assigned market.
- Effectively follow-up on business banking referrals from all sources within defined business size parameters.
- Grow and maintain appropriate portfolio of loan and deposit customers and develop their long-term relationships with the bank.
- Participate in professional/civic group in communities served to network with prospective businesses and referral sources.
- Make initial assessment of loan requests and advise customers regarding credit criteria; gather customer information and perform business analysis required to structure, underwrite and document loan request.
- Submit credit inquiries electronically via Baker Hill One Point.
- Monitor and take necessary actions on delinquent customer accounts to resolve payment issues.
- Monitor loan renewals and process loan requests to avoid delinquent status for those renewals.
- Train branch staff to identify small business prospects and to effectively refer business.
- Entertain major customers from market area on a regular basis.
- Attend branch/regional meetings to review referred business, become informed of branch activities, share plans, and review progress against objectives.
- Attend and contribute to weekly business banking sales and credit meetings.
- Close loans according to bank’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute input to market issues and bank strategy as it relates to overall business banking.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience. Three to five years of experience in small business lending is required. Previous experience in Baker Hill One Point software is a plus.