|Position: Office Manager |
Reports To: Principal
Position Overview: EAGLE College Prep is seeking an Office Manager to oversee the front office for the 2020-2021 school year. This position requires a highly organized professional to manage administrative projects and tasks within a school. Qualified candidates will possess skills that ensure thoroughness and accuracy as well as have the capacity to build systematic processes for a growing school and organization. This is a unique opportunity to work with a high performing urban Charter School and ensure the front office runs smoothly for staff, parents, and students.
Student and School Records
- Oversee the day to day activities of the school, serving as the main point of contact in the school's front office area.
- Greet and document all visitors (signing in visitors, ensuring that students only leave with authorized parents/guardians, monitoring and controlling access to the school, etc.).
- Manage phones (answering calls, re-directing calls, taking messages, placing calls, creating school announcements, etc.) and ensure optimal level of service to students, parents and community stakeholders.
- Manage written communication between the school and students, parents, and the community (distributing received mail, preparing school mailings, making mail drops, etc.).
- Maintain and manage inventory of school uniforms.
- Maintain school calendar of events.
- Student and Parent Relationships
- Create a welcoming environment for students and families so that they feel comfortable approaching the office with concerns.
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families so they understand unambiguously that our staff loves them.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with families and community.
- Communicate with parents about student records and student history.
- Manage the collection and maintenance of student, personnel, and school information (receiving forms and paperwork, tracking missing forms, managing databases, updating contact information, keeping records current, etc.)
- Oversee student files to ensure all proper documentation is collected, tracked in our computer system, organized and filed.
- Track student attendance and follow up with families when necessary.
- Oversee new student enrollment by coordinating open houses, processing applications, creating and administering re-enrollment forms, producing mailings and tracking all enrollments.
- Manage electronic student enrollment and information in school software and all electronic data systems in the EAGLE network.
- Register and transfer students as needed.
- Monitor, submit, and organize all invoices and packing slips for the School Operations Manager.
- Help to plan and coordinate logistics for student transportation.
- Coordinate substitute teachers.
- Help to plan and manage logistics and preparations for school events and activities as needed (making photocopies, setting up for special events, making phone calls to confirm attendance, etc.);
- Provide general assistance to the Principal and other administrators with any projects
- Honorable- works with integrity and treats everyone with respect and humility.
- Highly Detail-oriented- ensures the little things are never missed and creates redundant infrastructure to catch errors.
- Self-Starter and Leader- has the ability and confidence to take initiative, motivate others and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Systematic Thinker- builds work processes in a systematic way to ensure order and accuracy, develops realistic action plans and can effectively multitask.
- Problem-Solver- gathers and analyzes information to identify problems and resolves them in a proactive, timely manner.
- Results-Focused- completes tasks and gets the job done within deadlines.
- Dependable- is always at work and on time, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Adaptable- adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Efficient-constantly looks for ways to improve processes and improve accuracy.
- Customer Oriented-willing and able to provide our students and families with a high level of customer service.
Compensation: EAGLE offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision.
- Some college-level work preferred.
- At least two years of work in an office environment; preferred experience as an office manager, administrative professional, or in customer service.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, knowledge of school-based software systems preferred.