Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
This position is responsible for the production processes in the manufacture of Conagra foods. This may include working in any production area. The Production Technician I is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment in the assigned production area while adhering to all quality standards.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures within the assigned work area.
- Perform product checks to verify quality measures.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and monitor assigned equipment.
- Complete equipment sanitation.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and guidelines.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly equipment inspections and maintenance tasks.
- Understand and apply concepts in technical vendor manuals.
- Use a variety of tools including precision, hand and powered.
- Identify and communicate any safety, quality or operational issues to the appropriate resources.
- Maintain a clean work area and follow all 5S requirements.
- Provides back up for other Technician positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One year in experience in a manufacturing facility, food production preferred
- Experience with mechanical concepts preferred
- Varying levels of overtime may be required based on business needs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effectively communicate with others.
- PC based computer literacy
Work Environment Requirements:
- Position works in a manufacturing environment with varying conditions including moderate noise levels.
- Ability to move within office and manufacturing facilities, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
- Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
- General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.