Assistant/Associate Director, Strategic Market Access and Intelligence (Payer Market Research)(Remote) (000022DF)
The Assistant / Associate Director - Strategic Market Access and Intelligence (Payer Market Research) at Xcenda is a hands-on research role working on and leading payer marketing research projects, including design, fieldwork, and analysis and reporting. The research will be primarily focused on the US payer and market access market to support the overall commercialization strategy of pharmaceutical products. The qualified candidate will have an attention to detail and be a proactive, critical thinker who is interested and able to work in a matrixed, team-oriented organization where all team members take responsibility for the quality and validity of the project.
Depending on the candidate's experience, this role may be filled at an Assistant Director or an Associate Director level at Xcenda, roles and responsibilities will adjust accordingly. This position may include managing direct reports in the future.
A typical day in the life of a Assistant / Associate Director, Strategic Market Access and Intelligence may include:
- Understanding both qualitative and quantitative market research methods and effectively communicate to internal and external clients when each is appropriate, alone or together
- Developing and executing research to inform competitive payer research strategies, including identification of key market issues and opportunities, critical success factors, market positioning and associated messaging.
- Preparing project proposals and budgets, correctly scoping projects and assisting with new business development on occasion.
- Successfully leading and running payer advisory boards, conducting payer interviews and moderating interviews
- Effectively leading internal and external project teams, taking responsibility to write screeners, develop discussion guides, creating stimuli, conducting interviews and advisory boards and reports.
- Contribute to quantitative survey design for domestic and global projects, analysis, report writing and presentation of insights to the client team
- Reviewing and/or developing content contributed by project team members, as relevant
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships through frequent and open communication/collaboration.
- Supporting action plans to advance projects, particularly by resolving conflicts and identifying their root causes, developing options, garnering resources, and taking action to prevent similar issues from arising in the future
- Reviewing content contributed by project team members
- Meeting personal chargeability goals, prioritizing chargeable and non-chargeable goals
- Spending approximately 10-30% of time developing new business via project chain linking, proposal writing, engaging new clients and/or supporting the creating of market research offerings
- Completion of a 4-year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Requires a minimum of 4-5 years marketing research project experience with a healthcare marketing research firm, pharmaceutical company, or a pharmaceutical consulting firm (preferred). For an Assistant Director level -the required relevant experience is a minimum of 8 years.
- Comprehensive knowledge in market research with a specialization in payer market research.
- Detailed working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry-particularly of the US payer market access landscape-with demonstrated success in the industry or consulting to the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to perform roles/responsibilities independently and with sound judgment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran