Summary: Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Tech is responsible for performing various maintenance activities related to the plant equipment and machinery, building, and facilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Core Competencies and Areas of Responsibility
• Demonstrate and promote client’s core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Courage & Curiosity
• Follow and understand proper Good Hygiene, Safe Work Practices, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), to aide in providing a safe quality product
• Work with Maintenance Team to achieve KPIs
• Completes repairs to minimize downtime, minimize the use of parts/labor, and addresses problems pro-actively
• Assist with all maintenance operations including, but not limited to, machinery, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems and boiler operations
• Read mechanical drawings, blueprints and charts
• Assist with continuous assessments of the manufacturing facility, repairs/improvements, operating machinery and its supporting systems
• Work closely with Production Manager, Supervisors and QA to resolve maintenance problems and issues
• Follow Preventative Maintenance program and maintain log of all maintenance orders.
• 24/7 coverage and emergency reply including equipment repair, stabilization, and the mobilizing of resources as needed.
• Ensure all tools and equipment are taken from line prior to start up, re clean, and /or re-startup from mechanical breakdown.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• High School Diploma required, higher education preferred.
• 3+ years of progressive plant maintenance experience, preferably in Food Manufacturing
• Ability to work out of two Milwaukee plants
• Must be willing and able to work extra hours as needed to support production needs.
• Must be able to stand/walk up to 100% of the time, work in the freezer as needed, and lift 10-50lbs.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally as appropriate for the needs of the audience, Spanish proficiency preferred
• Ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
• This job operates in both a production plant as well as warehouse with varying temperatures.
• While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing in environments with varied temperatures. This position requires frequent pulling, carrying, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.