Reporting to the COO and in conjunction with Maintenance Manager and site Manager (Dir. Of Mfg or Plant Manager), the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating, and performing various maintenance activities related to the plant equipment and machinery, building, and facilities for the assigned manufacturing site(s), ensuring that run time is optimized.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Core Competencies and Areas of Responsibility
- Support, demonstrate and promote client’s core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Courage & Curiosity
- Lead, direct, and develop Maintenance Techs to prevent production downtime and optimize equipment performance to ensure tasks and projects are completed on-time and within budget.
- Ensure PMs are effectively performed and documented in the CMMS, driving to Predictive Maintenance.
- Train, coach, motivate, mentor and develop Maintenance Techs in the areas of GMPs, Safety, Quality and other company procedures.
- Achieve targeted performance to assigned metrics while driving continuous improvement.
- Enforce plant and company safety programs, promoting and maintaining a high level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements such as lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, etc.
Equipment Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Oversee the speed and quality of repairs to minimize downtime, use of parts/labor, and address problems pro-actively.
- Troubleshoot issues and train Techs and Operators in these skills.
- Support optimal production operations through work prioritization, preventative maintenance, project completion, and installation of equipment.
- Oversee all maintenance operations including, but not limited to, machinery, HVAC, compressed air, and boiler operations.
- Conduct continuous assessments of the manufacturing facility, repairs/improvements, operating machinery and its supporting systems.
- Work closely with Maintenance Manager, Production Manager, Supervisors and the QA team to resolve maintenance problems and issues.
- Accurately manage Maintenance Tech scheduling.
- Track maintenance orders and activities via the CMMS.
- Ensure 24/7 coverage and emergency response including equipment repair, stabilization, and the mobilizing of resources as needed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years of progressive plant maintenance experience, preferably in Food Manufacturing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally as appropriate for the needs of the audience, Spanish proficiency preferred.
- High School Diploma required, higher education preferred.
- Ability to work out of two Milwaukee plants in Brown Deer.
- Willing and able to work extra hours as needed to support production needs.
- Able to stand/walk up to 100% of the time, work in the freezer as needed, and lift 10-50lbs.
- Ability to use mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) to solve problems.
- Ability to select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- This job operates in both a professional office environment as well as warehouse and plant with varying temperatures. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.? This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing in environments with varied temperatures. This position requires frequent pulling, carrying, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.