Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Drives is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency with a focus on reducing impact on the environment. Your responsibilities
The Quality team is dedicated to implementing a culture and practice of excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization, to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability in a sustainable way.
The role reports to the Quality Director and located in New Berlin, Wisconsin. As a Quality and Process Engineer / Specialist, you are responsible for leading and executing all aspects of product, process, manufacturing, and service quality. They also oversee the local quality management systems. The position requires continual improvement of quality methods and processes regarding resolution of highly complex problems in collaboration with local and global product management, customer service, R&D and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain ISO and other quality management systems including coordination with auditors, interpreting and applying applicable standards, and internal audits.
- Develop and implement continuous improvements of product, process, and manufacturing quality.
- Support reliability engineering and supplier quality teams where necessary to ensure consistent tools and methodologies are applied across functional teams.
- Report provide direction and action plans for key improvements in quality metrics including NPS, CCRP cycle time, DPPM, Warranty costs, and other process quality metrics as agreed to with LBU management.
- This includes advancing ways to expand RTY metrics in key process and manufacturing areas to build in quality, reduce rework and improve cycle time.
- Actively participate on BU or regional quality management committees/programs to align and share/implement best practices.
- Support MOMA and other assessment methods to drive a continuous improvement mindset in all aspects of LBU performance.
- Support technical staff ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, documented and evaluated and that product modifications are carried out where necessary.
- Acting as key contact with customers' auditors and being responsible for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers' specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business or Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial and 5 years' experience in Quality, Opex, SCM, Project management, Audit, Process improvement or Manufacturing.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Open to travel about 10%.
- Large project management experience preferred. ASQ, Six Sigma / Black Belt or other quality certifications desired. ISO auditor experience or prior oversight for QMS preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Power BI, Access Database, Excel, etc.