Position Type : Full time
Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired : Bachelor's Degree
Travel Percentage : 0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Wealth and Retirement empowers advisory, trust and retirement professionals with one of the broadest and richest solutions sets in the industry. FIS clients have unparalleled control over their business model, with the ability to select the deployment option and solution suite that best fits their business needs. This includes access to hosted and inhouse technology platforms, with the ability to outsource back-office functions, and complementary fiduciary, custody and asset management services.
Our clients experience the advantage of a comprehensive wealth and retirement platform with access to an extensive selection of technology and services that support all aspects of their business and future growth. Clients also gain key operational, cost, risk and time benefits as a result of our enhanced technology and outsourcing solutions, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. FIS works with clients as a strategic partner to develop new business strategies that bring a level of integration with the potential to produce tremendous growth results.
What you will be doing
- Prepare all fiduciary, generation skipping, gift, charitable, and tax exempt entity tax returns and informational filings such as 1099 and 5498 form series related to custodial and investment agency accounts that FIS Wealth Outsourcing Solutions is required, or requested, to file to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws and filing requirements, to avoid any penalty or interest charges, while meeting client needs.
- Review asset cost basis information to set-up the proper amortization/accretion schedules and determine the proper cost basis of assets owned by trusts, custody or investment agency accounts for capital gain and loss purposes. Review wash sales, capital changes and other corporate actions that have tax or basis consequences. Must have a working knowledge of all types of investment assets, including but not limited to alternatives, derivatives, foreign securities, equities, fixed income, mutual funds, ETFs and master limited partnerships.
- Review new investment agency and custody agreements to ensure the correct tax ID.
- Review trusts and private foundations quarterly to make the most tax beneficial estimated tax payments, ensuring that taxes are correctly estimated to avoid underpayment penalties and overpayment which prevents funds from being invested.
- Work with the FIS accounting system and Onesource, Wall Street Concepts applications to manage tax processing and prepare tax returns and filings.
- Work with internal Trust Operations teams to identify, and correct or improve, operational processes and procedures related to the tax team's processing of tax returns or filings.
- Respond to correspondence from the Internal Revenue Service and various state and local tax authorities in regard to issues or examinations arising from the preparation of tax returns or other tax filings.
- Develop and maintain procedures surrounding tax activities and controls to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory and audit requirements.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.