Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently. Your responsibilities
The role reports to the Global Channel Manager and located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. As a Project Management Manager, you will be a leader for the ABB / Large Motor business. The successful candidate will manage the assigned project managers working in conjunction with a group of professionals. The position requires excellent communications skills, leadership and management abilities. Also, lead the execution of medium size to large and moderately complex projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets as well as schedule commitments. This position also acts as the key decision maker for internal and external customers.
- Project leadership: Leads projects and team, establishes the project execution approach and oversees project hand over, execution planning and monitoring and control activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
- Planning and scheduling: Define jointly with all departments, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
- Project execution and control: Ensure that the project follows the execution of best practices and ABB policies.
- Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization.
- Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project status, cost, expenses and cash flow.
- Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages project risks and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued.
- Captures, analyzes and shares lessons learned throughout the project.
- Ensures that project is formally closed out as contractually agreed.
- Drives the formal acceptance of the project, project close-out and its acknowledgment by the customer.
- Contract claims and procurement management: Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements.
- Coordinates with SCM and successfully procure all required services, material and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
- Supports Supply Chain Management (SCM) in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Stakeholder relations: Acts as the key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communications with all stakeholders.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE): Ensure the project follows and complies with company health, safety and environmental policies.
- People leadership and development: Coaches and provides feedback for project staff.
- Associates Degree and 10 years of experience working in customer service OR
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Business Administration and 8 years of experience working in customer service.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- A Master's Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of customer needs experience in customer interface.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant experience within the industrial business environment including sales & marketing experience.
- Proven success with leadership and management.
- Large motors and generators, a product group in motors and generators business unit (LMG) product knowledge preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to strict deadlines.
- Six Sigma green belt or higher certification preferred.