RN - Hospice Patient Care Coordinator (Full Time 1st shift)
Location: Milwaukee County (53211), Milwaukee, WI (corporate headquarters) (53224), Oak Creek, WI(53154), Racine, WI (53403), Waukesha County(53186) (53072) (53151), Kenosha, WI (53140)
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking experienced nurses to join our compassionate and patient-centered Hospice Team.
As a RN - Patient Care Coordinator within our home hospice program you will perform referral evaluations / admission assessments of patients and families seeking Hospice services.
- Collect and submit admissions in a timely fashion that are accurate and complete.
- Ensure goals are clearly delineated and prioritized on the patient plan of care and addressed by all team members
- Ensure plan of care reflects assessment findings to establish appropriate goals / interventions to meet patient needs and that goals are realistic and measurable.
- Case conference with team members occurs regularly which includes creating PCW / HHA Care Plans, initiating and updating Plans in accordance with patient needs and Agency policy.
- Inform physician, clinical manager and interdisciplinary team members of changes in patient status as evidenced by Case Communication documentation.
- Assure appropriate discharge planning occurs from the start of care by utilizing a multidisciplinary approach and appropriate documentation.