See Terracon's Safety Response to Covid-19 below
Learn from our respected engineers and technicians as an intern in Terracon's geotechnical and materials testing group! You'll receive training in the areas of construction materials testing and geotechnical engineering to go beyond what you've learned in the classroom. As an Intern, you'll receive insight on how engineers, technicians, and contractors work together to complete a project successfully.
This position will assist both our Geotechnical and Materials testing groups in delivering quality field and laboratory services to our Clients and help deliver successful projects.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory testing of soils and materials to obtain engineering properties
- Observe soil borings and log soil samples
- Perform construction observation of earthwork/soils, deep foundations, and concrete
- Laboratory data management and review
- Engineering design and support.
Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
High school diploma and BS degree in progress in a science or related field (environmental, safety, engineering, chemistry, biology, geology). The ideal candidate will have less than one year remaining to complete their BS degree.
Terracon's Safety Response to COVID-19Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It's that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being "Best at People," here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say "no" to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!
About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.