Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Drives is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing impact on the environment. Your responsibilities
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world's largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
This role reports to MODP(Motion Drive Products) Division Manager located at New Berlin, Wisconsin. As a Director Production Unit, you are responsible to lead and manage the teams responsible to source, plan, schedule, and assemble the products offered locally by the drive products and systems drives divisions. This role will oversee and ensure the daily production and delivery processes for finished goods.The director will provide leadership ensuring the order fulfillment processes are done safely and at optimal quality and cost while ensuring accurate, timely execution according to requested and committed delivery dates and within market lead times. This individual is responsible for accurate deployment of the defined operational strategies.
- Planning and Fulfillment manage the local Planning and Fulfillment team responsible for balancing and improving customer on-time delivery, inventory, lead time, forecast accuracy and resource optimization. Monitor daily performance of all order fulfillment activities to ensure the customer and business needs are meet. Communicate professionally and proactively to the customers and sales teams related to daily fulfillment.
- Inventory Management manage the daily inventory levels and practices. Carry out regular inventory control practices and annual physical inventory programs. Monitor and take preventive and corrective action on activities to ensure the material availability for production and distribution.
- Sourcing and Logistics manage local Supply Chain team responsible to perform local sourcing, transportation, trade, logistics and supplier relationship management. Leverage the global and local network of supplier for all materials required for local production and local distribution. Grow and leverage relationship with global Transportation Management Centers and Global Business Services. Negotiate with supply base to ensure local total cost of ownership strategies are appropriately deployed minimizing time and space requirements.
- Assembly Production manage local daily assembly tams responsible for production. Ensure appropriate staffing levels and capacities are always maintained for local production and the production at authorized manufacturing centers to achieve LT, COTD, and EBITA targets. Participate or lead GEMBA Tier meetings as required. Provide feedback and direction to the production managers.
- Continuous Improvement participate in continuous improvement activities. Lead areas of responsibility to appropriately deploy leading KPIs, monitor trends, and create paretos and corresponding preventive and corrective actions as appropriate. Track OPQ levels and understand when processes are deviating from targets. Ensure customer first approach by using defined quality processes and tools.
- Stakeholder Relations: Acts as key contact and escalation point for order fulfillment issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders. Communicate professionally using various mediums with internal/external customers. Respond to inquiries and demonstrate a sense of urgency when critical issues arise.
- Complexity of Tasks: Requires general understanding of Company products, manufacturing processes, sales terms and conditions, marketing techniques, and ability to understand competitive selling as it relates to meeting financial goals. Interfacing with internal groups and customers requires strong communication skills.
- People leadership and development: Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of Manufacturing, Operations, Production, Supply Chain experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business is preferred. MBA or Master's Degree is highly preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Open to travel about 10%, for trainings and global meetings purposes.
- Clear understanding of financial topics, including internal controls compliance needed and experience with running a P&L. High functioning knowledge specifically in electrical, mechanical and product engineering concepts.
- Ability to work across business functions a plus, advanced knowledge of product life cycle management desired, and ability to review and challenge total cost of ownership calculations with a knowledge of how and when to leverage all aspects of the value chain.
- Experience working with global business and transportation management centres and global trade compliance knowledge a benefit. Exceptional Level of Understanding of SAP Materials Management and Production Planning modules and change of Management, Expectation Setting and Performance Management.Lean Manufacturing and Total Quality Management Experience. Strong understanding of RACI, VCM, Process Flows, root cause analysis, stakeholder matrices, documentation control, etc. Proven leadership ability and global experience with multi-cultural involvement and engagement