Position Type : Full time
Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired : Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage : 0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
Business industry professional who can interpret and understand business need or strategy presented. Be a liaison between the business and the development team to articulate business intent and value in the form of user stories that the development team can solution.
Guides development teams utilizing Agile software development principles to create and deliver software applications that meet business, client, and company goals.
- Understand and demonstrate the basics of the Agile Manifesto daily
- Understands product strategy, market, industry, and client goals.
- Works with the SAFe Product Owner Manager to understand the product strategy, market, industry, and customers
- Shares the Product vision with the team
- Owns and Maintains the Product and Sprint Backlogs with good prioritization skills
- Creating the overall Sprint Release Plan with input from the team
- Participate in Sprint Review and provide direction to the team for final deployment
- Works with stakeholders to listen and analyze the business problem statement and convert that into user stories for the team to solution.
- Reviews and provides feedback to test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet the acceptance criteria, client business statement, and application integrity.
- May mentor, guide, advise and or check the work of less experienced Product Owners.
- Works with stakeholders to understand business problem statements and convert them into user stories.
- Articulates product vision and user stories in a manner clearly understandable to development teams
- Manages backlog of user stories for one or more products.
- Applies Agile methods and processes to promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation of ongoing work product.
- Leads planning and review meetings to communicate feedback on development achievements.
- Other related duties assigned as needed
What you bring:
- Knowledge of Agile Manifesto & 12 Principles of Agile
- Experience as an Agile Product Owner
- Experience in Writing and Breaking user stories
- Experience in managing and prioritizing a Product Backlog
- Experience in Release Planning
- Experience in Sprint Planning
- Experience in running a sprint
- Effective at building relationships with stakeholders, teams, and clients
- Proficient in techniques that can be used to understand the business problem statement
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Excellent time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (preferred)
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.