Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Drives is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing impact on the environment. Your responsibilities
The role reports to the Regional Application Engineer Team Lead, and this role will be eligible to work remote. As a Regional Application Engineer you will provide technical expertise to the sales team, the sales channel, technical support, product engineering, R&D and the end customers. The areas of technical expertise include but are not limited to; ABB Low Voltage (LV) drive and Soft Starters product knowledge, LV drive and Soft Starters product application and general LV drive and motor application issues.
**This job is eligible to Work Remote, having the Central Southeast as the target area to cover. Candidates that meet the requirements are welcome to apply, especially from Georgia, Alabama and Florida states.**
- Prioritize, schedule, delegate work assignments to ensure timely and accurate support for the application of ABB PLC/HMIs, Soft Starters and LV drives in various industrial processes, systems, and applications.
- Apply Technical Knowledge - Design and recommend tailored solutions based on a deep knowledge of the portfolio and capabilities to meet customers' unique needs. Contribute to specification by negotiating deviations and agreeing on win-win solutions. Identify and communicate applicability of (new/emerging) functional solutions to address current business issues. Advise others on the delivery of high-quality solutions by applying broad and deep professional expertise.
- Sales Drive - Continuously aim to meet targets even in difficult circumstances. Identify and systematically follow-up on business opportunities. Focus energy on key tasks. Take extra measure to ensure customer satisfaction. Analyze drive, Soft Starters and PLC/HMI application problems and initiate effective measures for their solution. Coordinate activities with related groups to most efficiently achieve objectives to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Customer Relations - Continuously strengthen existing customer relationships. Take the initiative to get to know new customers. Follow-up on customer complaints in a timely manner according to a defined process. Identify and meet customer needs and ask for feedback.
- Sales Networking - Increase own network within the organization. Build business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sales Process and Related Tools - Use of CRM to track, metric, report, communicate, and forecast field activities. Support others on the job by sharing tool and process best practices. Be able to describe the general characteristics of the sales processes and apply the tools efficiently.
- Market and Business Intelligence - Participate in sales meetings to become familiar with market and business information. Identify opportunities for improvements based on structure customer feedback. Actively search for market information related to competitive product offerings and technology.
- Contract and Risk Management - Deal with simple/basic deviations in standard terms and conditions and participate in assessment of business risks. Recognize potential risk factors in correspondence prior to a transaction and take action accordingly.
- Sales Techniques - Know and confidently use basic sales techniques (e.g. communication, active listening, presentation). Take different viewpoints into consideration when creating a solution. Self-reflect on sales approach and adjust to customers as needed. Advanced understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals as applied to PLC/HMIs, Soft Starters, LV drives and motors. Including DC Bus sharing, regeneration, fieldbus, and brake choppers. Advanced understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals as applied to LV drives, motors, drive applications such as gear reduction, reflected inertia, application torque and acceleration torque demands.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 5 years' experience in support sales, applications, proposals, engineering application of LV drives, soft starters, PLC.
- Electrical Engineering is preferred. Experience in Winding and Tension controls, Load share, Pumping, Mining, Cranes, and other applications.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Open to travel about 50%.
- Experience programming various industrial PLCs (Rockwell, Siemens, Square D, or others).
- Understanding of Automation Builder, AC500 PLC and CP600 HMIs. Understanding of ABB Soft Starters. Understanding of Serial communication protocols.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.