*** We Understand Your Passion For Client Service ***
Wisconsin Veterinary Referral Center is looking for a 2nd Shift Full-time Client Care Liaison to join our team at our location in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
The Liaison position will work as part of an integrated care team to provide high quality support and service to clients and referring veterinarians.
About the Job:
- Attend daily rounds with the Veterinarians to familiarize yourself with patient's needs
- Receive and relay telephone, fax and email messages accurately & promptly distribute and reply as directed.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure client wait times are minimized
- Act as liaison to clients, keeping them informed of patient updates, delays, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate cleint wait times
- Update clients regularly while waiting for the an update from the Veterinarian, or while waiting for test results, or x-ray findings.
- Connect clients with other team members as needed to facilitate answers to questions
- Assist the Veterinarian with entering estimates into the computer and explain estimates to clients
- Ensure clients are updated on the status of their pet, and provide financial updates
- Work with the Veterinarians to ensure accuracy of estimates and final invoices
- Review final invoices on patients that go home during the shift
- Assist the Veterinarians with charting: creating the patient's treatment sheet, based on the doctor's orders
- Work with the Veterinarians on medical records and patient releases
- Assist the Veterinarians with calling clients with laboratory results, patient updates
- Assist Client Service Specialists
- Facilitate filling of patient prescriptions
- Perform patient releases, facilitate client visits in coordination with the technician team
- Receive and address patient care telephone calls from owners
- (inpatient calls as well as calls from owners whose pets were previously released)
- Explain aftercare options to clients and complete necessary forms to ensure accuracy
- Are you someone who can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks?
- Are you able to apply your knowledge about medical conditions to answer basic questions and update the client throughout their experience, including home care instructions, medications and follow-up?
- Can you restrain pets effectively?
- Are you able to maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other employees, veterinarians, and clients?
- Can you explain necessary home care instructions, including medications and follow-up with clients?
If this sounds like you, you could be a serious consideration for this position!
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a veterinary technician or skilled veterinary assistant
- Must be self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers with demonstrated keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of medication: handling, dosing, packaging
- Proper lab sample handling and packaging
- Experience with answering phones, and greeting clients in person
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to think independently and demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of staff
- Ability to stand and walk the entire length of shift
We are a 24/7 Emergency and Specialty Animal Hospital and is one of 8 VECCS Certified Level 1 Trauma Centers in the world. We have three hospital locations: Waukesha, Racine and Grafton all dedicated to providing patients, clients, and referring veterinarians the highest quality emergency and specialty veterinary medical care. WVRC offers a warm, friendly atmosphere where our main goal is to provide compassionate care to our patients and clients as well as offering outstanding customer service.
Benefits of Working at WVRC:
Full-time Benefits include comprehensive Medical, Dental, 401k Retirement Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Uniform Allowance, Veterinary Services Benefits, Continuing Education Benefits and Paid Time Off and more
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need