*** We Understand Your Passion ***
Wisconsin Veterinary Referral Center is looking for a 2nd Shift part-time Client Care Liaison to join our team at our location in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
The Liaison position will work as part of an integrated care team to provide high quality support and service to clients and referring veterinarians.
About the Job:
- Attend rounds with the DVMs to have good awareness of cases
- Receive and relay telephone, fax and email messages accurately & promptly distribute and reply as directed.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure client wait times are minimized
- Act as liaison to clients, keeping them informed of updates, delays, etc.
- Monitor the triage rack for those wait times
- Update clients regularly while waiting for the DVM or while waiting for tests/x-rays
- Connect clients with other team members as needed to facilitate answers to questions
- Assist DVM with entering estimates into computer and explain estimates to clients
- Ensure clients are updated on status of their pet and provide financial updates
- Work with the DVMs to ensure accuracy of estimates and final invoices
- Review final invoices on patients that go home during the shift
- Assist DVMs with charting: creating treatment sheets from doctor's orders
- Work with the DVMs on medical records and discharges
- Work with the DVMs on lab call backs/incomplete orders
- Assist CSRs with client callbacks and surveys
- Facilitate filling of prescriptions
- Perform patient discharges / visits in coordination with technician team
- Receive and address patient care telephone calls from owners
- Both inpatient calls as well as calls from owners whose pets were previously discharged
- Explain aftercare options to clients and complete necessary forms
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Can apply knowledge about medical conditions to answer basic questions and update the client throughout their experience, including home care instructions, medications and follow-up.
- Can effectively restrain pets .
- Can maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other employees, veterinarians, and clients.
- Can explain necessary home care instructions, including medications and follow-up.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a veterinary technician or assistant
- Must be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers with demonstrated keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of medication: handling, dosing, packaging
- Proper lab sample handling and packaging
- Experience answering phones, and greeting clients in person
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to think independently and demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of staff
- Ability to stand and walk the entire length of shift
We are a 24/7 Emergency and Specialty Animal Hospital and is one of 8 VECCS Certified Level 1 Trauma Centers in the world. We have three hospital locations: Waukesha, Racine and Grafton all dedicated to providing patients, clients, and referring veterinarians the highest quality emergency and specialty veterinary medical care. WVRC offers a warm, friendly atmosphere where our main goal is to provide compassionate care to our patients and clients as well as offering outstanding customer service.
Benefits of Working at WVRC:
Full-time Benefits include comprehensive Medical, Dental, 401k Retirement Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Uniform Allowance, Veterinary Services Benefits, Continuing Education Benefits and Paid Time Off and more
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need