Primary responsibility for the oversight of Johnson Financial Group’s relationship with the family office. The Senior Trust Administration and Tax Services Manager will be responsible for trust administration and tax compliance activities for trust and agency relationships.
Works with the family office and its legal and accounting advisors to oversee proper execution of family trust and custody transactions and requests.
- Owns the relationship with the family office. Provides administration to special Wealth Trust accounts, especially those of a delicate or complex nature.
- Confers with Wealth Advisors, co-trustees, beneficiaries, attorneys, and other regarding accounts as appropriate.
- Directs the set up, implementation and administration of personal trusts and estates.
- Acts as a technical expert regarding personal trust and estate planning issues.
- Acts as an expert on tax compliance and reporting matters with respect to personal trusts.
- Research and assist in resolving client inquiries and issues through to resolution; displays initiative to problem solve and escalate when appropriate, ability to work independently.
- Maintain client files to meet industry standards and compliance requirements.
- Effectively communicate performance expectations; monitor and hold staff accountable for their performance and their actions.
- Act as a ‘Coach’ for associates to leverage strengths and understand and identify gaps in performance; conduct one-on-one meetings and timely appraise performance.
- Provide development opportunities for staff aligning with their career goals and develops ‘bench strength’ for key positions.
- Proactively recruit and maintain a pipeline of candidates who display requisite job skills and exhibit values consistent with Johnson Financial Group.
- Create and sustain an environment which supports teamwork and mutual respect.
- Communicates to team; corporate updates, business updates, etc. and conducts regular, meaningful team/department meetings.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate staffing levels to efficiently execute department responsibilities.
- Uses financial information to identify and implement cost containment or reduction programs and ensure expenditures are accurate and follow policies and procedures.
- Models exemplary behaviors and actions for associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline; JD preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience of Wealth fiduciary administration experience preferred.
- Strong trust compliance, fiduciary and regulatory knowledge required.
- Strong sense of collaboration; excellent teammate.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to JKM Family Office matters
- Uses best discretion in terms of dealing with sensitive business, trust and estate matters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven organizational, analytical and follow up skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of products, wealth accounting systems and bank operating systems.
- Periodic travel to each of the regions will be required.