Dedicated Computing is looking for a Solution Architect to lead the overall technical solutions for customer's embedded computing architecture in multiple markets. This position is responsible for meeting with customers (15% travel), developing high performing computational architecture and solutions, and helping advance the technical vision of the organization. Ultimately you are responsible for designing and describing the solution to meet customer's embedded product computing needs. This position engages with product management, sales, and engineering to bring solutions to reality. Skills that are important to this position include the ability to interface with customers, strong knowledge of x86-based computing components, speeds and feeds, Linux and Windows licensing and installation, application performance analysis, and virtualization, storage, and other ancillary components and processes. You should enjoy analyzing and solving complex problems, be resourceful in solution development, and the ability to communicate and engage with all levels of an organization and be able to explain complex concepts clearly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilize initiative and judgment in determining appropriate solutions without a defined context within a diverse environment
- Capitalize on current and developing technologies within the embedded and enterprise computing fields and advances in hardware and software capabilities
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of solutions and system architecture within the markets and applications served
- During the sales process, conduct collaborative design session(s) to gain deep insights into customer problems and requirements in order to prepare the optimal solution
- Responsible for the accuracy of time/cost estimates and viability of the proposed solutions
- Lead customer design sessions and internal design reviews with the sales, product management, project management, and engineering teams
- Assist in the development of proposals with technical specifications, effort estimates and timelines
- Apply a consistent set of architectural guidelines in the creation of new solution architectures
- Research market for available/alternative products and technologies to be utilized within end customer solutions
- Provide solution content (i.e. use cases) to demonstrate industry leadership and build credibility during the sales process
- Support efforts to increase market awareness and visibility through participation in market-specific event opportunities
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree with at least 12 years of experience in the definition and delivery of technical computing solutions and related architectures; or Master's degree with at least 10 years of experience in the definition and delivery of technical computing solutions and related architectures
- Experience working in a consultative selling environment
- Good written and oral communications and able to promote ideas through logical argument and capable of presenting concepts, results, in a clear, confident, and effective manner
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to consistently deliver assigned work on-time, on-budget, with high quality
- Must be able to articulate complex situations, understand various engineering disciplines and product development needs quickly and accurately
- Exposure to large OEM customers across a variety of industries and domains
- Comprehensive knowledge in computing-related product development and delivery with a high-level awareness of emerging trends and developments in relevant technologies
- Must be self-motivated and capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience
- Ability to apply creative thinking, analysis, and good judgement to propose innovative solutions to technical problems which may involve a range of diverse approaches and resolving conflicting issues
- Firm grasp of basic principles of engineering with strong cross-functional knowledge of engineering disciplines including software, electrical, mechanical, and dev-ops
- Experience with, or in-depth knowledge of product development processes from product conception through manufacturing and commercialization
- Previous experience gathering application and market information from cross-functional teams, voice of customer interviews, internet research, market research, and observation, to identify and fully investigate a product or service concept
- Ability to travel up to 15% (domestic and international)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This includes a highly regulated, climate-controlled, low to moderate noise environment.