TAPCO Family owned, Wisconsin based!
Senior Engineer - Mechanical (New Opportunity!)
At TAPCO, our mission is to enhance transportation and personal safety in our communities through innovative solutions and products. We are driven to save lives! Are you looking for a career where you can earn a great wage based on experience and performance, your contributions are recognized, and you will have growth potential? Then choose TAPCO!
TAPCO is proud to offer the following:
* Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
* 401K Retirement Savings with Employer Match
* Paid Holidays, Vacation and Personal Time Off
* Wellness Plan
* Life Insurance
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Gain Sharing Bonus Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
Leads and assists in the development, execution, and organization of ETO (Engineered to Order) and NPD (New Product Development) designs and projects. Performs engineering tasks under moderate guidance that are varied and moderately difficult, which require troubleshooting and interpretation of data, development of new test methods or procedures and are used for a variety of situations. Requires collaboration with product, project, procurement, marketing, quality, manufacturing, production and sales management, and outside technical resources.
* Designs complex assemblies, components, tooling, subsystems, and conceptual designs
* Produces and modifies complex 3D models/assemblies and details complicated component and assembly drawings, demonstrating a thorough understanding of geometric tolerancing in accordance with standard practices
* Prepares layouts of complex equipment incorporating new designs or design modifications
* Develops new systems and parts with complete Bill of Materials, labor routings and costs
* Consistently looks for simplifying designs and assemblies, reduces costs through part design or process improvements, and standardization of components
* Reviews dimensional inspection of parts and approves parts for production
* Assists in the generation of Technical Documents
* Maintains organization over multiple major projects requiring innovative solutions
* Assists and works with Product, Project, Procurement, Marketing, Quality, Manufacturing, Production and Sales Management as needed
* Assists in long range planning on projects, including tracking and budgeting
* Conceptualizes new mechanical and electrical products for use across TAPCO's multiple divisions
* Redesigns, updates, improves and documents current TAPCO products or components
* Determines specifications and recommends components or materials
* Communicates requirements with suppliers; sources components, solicits and reviews vendor quotes
* Performs cost analysis of current and proposed future designs
* Reviews and approves new/updated designs
* Performs and reviews simulations and/or stress-analysis calculations
* Demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge and creativity
* Develops and leads Design Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) and Design Validation Plan and Report (DVP&R)
* Participates in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Assembly (DFA) processes to ensure that new and existing products are manufactured accurately and to standardize workflow
* Follows all safety policies and procedures
* Assures product quality and confirms system and component capabilities by developing test methods, performing tests, interpreting and reporting results
* Self-supervising and can mentor or directly manage 1-3 Engineers (if necessary)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Able to navigate through conflicting priorities
* Looks ahead for potential issues and roadblocks and takes responsibility for resolving them.
* Maintains focus on projects and the next milestones.
* Develops and adheres to project schedules and actively seeks to keep them on track.
* Good time management and strong organizational skills; detail oriented
* Leads team meetings independent of senior management.
* Holds others accountable for their parts
* Able to resolve conflicting information
* Good communicator. Strong oral (i.e. comfortable conveying design ideas) and written communication skills. Able to speak comfortably to a larger audience.
* Maintains composure in stressful conditions
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only a limited standardization exists. Resourceful. Good troubleshooting skills.
* Demonstrated project management awareness and knowledge of the Tapco C4 process for product development
* Assist in creating accurate drawings
* Self-motivated and self-starter
* Strong interpersonal skills, working with coworkers, management and team environment
* Occasionally leads initiatives within the Engineering Department
* Ability to provide and accept constructive feedback
* Proven leadership skills
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 5+ years prior work experience in an engineering environment
* 3+ years of prior work experience with SolidWorks (3D CAD generation and 2D drawings) and AutoCAD (2D drawings)
* 3+ years of prior work experience with BOM creation, dimensional tolerance analysis and material selection
* Fluent in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and One Note.
* Prior project experience; working on group projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sitting for most of the day using a computer. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is also required to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, and crouch; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical machinery and material handling operations, and is occasionally exposed to humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electric shock. The use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, protective gloves and hearing protection may be required depending on the area of the warehouse. The use of steel toed shoes is required in the warehouse. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work hours are flexible with team coverage Monday through Friday, 8:00 - 5:00; however, at times the workload may not require full time or may require overtime Monday through Sunday. Some flexibility of scheduling may be necessary to accommodate customer's needs.
If any assistance is needed with the application process, please contact TAPCO HR at 800-236-4462