Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
- Routinely perform all duties and meet the qualifications of a Refrigeration Mechanic "B".
- Completion of a two year technical college degree program for industrial refrigeration maintenance or:
- Hold a current RETA certification or equivalent as a Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) and a minimum 2 years of experience in operation and maintenance in ammonia refrigeration with practical and demonstrated experience pertaining to a Refrigeration Mechanic "B".
- Must have working knowledge of ammonia, Freon, boilers, compressors, motors, pumps, sheet metal, grease, oil and belt applications.
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate skill, initiative and judgment to make decisions and communicate these decisions with departmental supervisory for approval.
- Have basic knowledge of plant electrical AC/DC power and control systems associated with refrigeration equipment to provide support in equipment installation, trouble shooting and repair of refrigeration and boiler electrical components.
- Demonstrated ability to perform precision welding meeting food plant sanitary standards using MIG wire-feed, and heli-arc on stainless steel applications. Be able to perform precision cutting using a plasma torch.
- Be able to demonstrate the routine performance of preventative/proactive maintenance activities on all assigned equipment based on both technical manual and work order directed requirements. Properly submit and maintain required records as assigned.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge for equipment technical manuals operating and safety procedures and periodic maintenance requirements.
- Properly use CMMS program (MP2) for maintenance related activities, research, reference material, and work order completion.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be physically capable of performing all duties.
- Must be aware of all safety rules/procedures and be willing to follow them.
- Train with and assist senior refrigeration mechanics in the proper care, operation and maintenance of all plant refrigeration and steam system equipment.
- With minimal or some direct supervision, perform operation, installation, overhaul, and preventative maintenance activities on all assigned plant equipment ensuring efficient operation.
- Complete work orders as assigned.
- Assist in analyzing refrigeration, steam, and facility water system equipment/component operation through logs and trend analysis. Detect defects and assist in initiating repairs before major breakdowns occur.
- Initiate continuous improvement activities pertaining to facility power systems (refrigeration, steam, water).
- Safely and effectively operate power tools, i.e.: drill press, grinders, milling machine and lathe, etc. Perform sheet metal fabrication, shear and brake.
- Assist in the maintaining, installation, operation, and repair of boiler and pressure systems and all equipment incidental to these systems.
- Follow and enforce plant wide and equipment safety rules/procedures.
- Maintains all assigned logs.
- Any other duty assigned by management.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.