Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
- Have completed one or more years of related technical classes in vocational college or have appropriate and relative experience.
- Have some knowledge of electric AC/DC power and controls to provide support in line installation and repair. Be able to change and install motors.
- Have knowledge and some experience in welding using MIG wire feed and TIG heliarc technologies, and able to use a cutting and plasma torch.
- Be able to use appropriate mathematics to assist in maintenance related actions.
- Be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Possess necessary hand tools.
- Demonstrate skill, initiative, and judgment to make and accept responsibility for minor decisions.
- Develop the confidence of other mechanics, employees, and supervisors in terms of being cooperative, following plant regulations, sanitation, and safety procedures while demonstrating pride in ones work and place of employment.
- Assist in the installation, overhaul, operation, and preventative maintenance on plant equipment to insure efficient operation without direct or constant supervision and with minimum downtime. This includes, but is not limited to conveyor/shaker systems, corn/pea/lima bean processing equipment, blanchers, palletizers, air cleaners, pumps, filters, air/hydraulic systems, case sealers, etc.
- Assist in setting up production lines and change over lines as required to help daily production run efficiently.
- Perform a variety of minor building and grounds maintenance activities.
- Be able to begin to detect defects in equipment before major breakdowns occur.
- Complete training programs, on new and existing equipment, and/or technology as required maintaining "C" maintenance mechanic status, and preparing for "B" maintenance mechanic status.
- Safely and effectively operate basic shop power tools, i.e.: drill press, grinders, etc. Perform elementary sheet metal fabrication.
- Assist in precision work such as aligning sprockets and pulleys, and setting up or modifying equipment.
- Maintain work areas in a neat, orderly and safe environment.
- Perform other tasks as required by lead personnel or the supervisor within the expectations of efficient plant operations and the ability and skill level of a maintenance mechanic "C".
- Operate a lift truck.
- Be aware of all safety rules/procedures and be willing to follow them.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.